Six women graduated from Hope Place, UGM’s one year recovery program, in January. Four of these women began their journey out of homelessness when they came through the door of KentHOPE.
KentHOPE is a day center for women and children and offers emergency overnight shelter in local churches. 84 percent of our guests who work with case management find housing within 4 months. About 20 percent of our guests choose to move to Hope Place for recovery. Hope Place offers a holistic approach for women seeking recovery and healing from substance abuse and/or domestic violence. As a part of the one-year program, women take classes, receive counseling services, life skills, education and employment support and more. Learn more about how KentHOPE and Hope Place are transforming lives:
We offer many resources to members of the community, including:
- Laundry and shower facilities, meals, computer access, health care and more through our women and children’s day center
- A 30-bed, rotating overnight women’s shelter
- A safe parking site for people living in their cars (call 211)
- Resources for housing and recovery
- Employment assistance
- Three healthy meals served daily
- Evaluation and access to mental health and addiction counseling
- Mentoring and companionship to promote relationship-building
Making a Difference
Since opening in December 2013, KentHOPE has helped 490 women and their children transition out of homelessness!
9009 Canyon Drive
Kent, WA 98030