Ways to Volunteer
- Cook a meal at home, then come serve it at the Day Center. Volunteers provide three meals a day, every day.
- Drive the 12-passenger van once a week to transport women between the Day Center and overnight shelter in local churches. No special license required. Sign up here if you have been approved to drive through the Union Gospel Mission. If you would like additional information or need to start the approval process then email us at info@KentHOPE.org and we will get you started.
- Plan a birthday or holiday party. Bring decorations, a cake and craft for a one-hour party. Schedule with staff at 253-480-2325.
- Put together a Home Starter Kit for a woman moving into her new home. Purchase household items to fill a laundry basket. Here is a list of items to include.
- Straighten, sort, hang and fold current clothing as well as incorporate and label new donations to the Day Center clothing room. Sign up here.
- Launder 30 – 35 blankets from the overnight shelter at home or a laundromat every month at your convenience. Email info@KentHOPE.org for more information.
- Donate much-needed items such as laundry detergent, hand soap, feminine hygiene products, plastic bags, paper towels and toilet paper. See a current wish list here. Your donations help stretch our budget.
- Invite your organization or friends to do a drive for items such as cold breakfast items (instant oatmeal, cereal, granola bars), underwear, backpacks, gently used coats or shoes. Call the Day Center staff to find out what is most needed today. 253-480-2325
Reach our Volunteer Coordinators at info@KentHOPE.org
Volunteer Co-Coordinators – Gloria Peterson and Sheila Chandler
Meals Coordinator – Pam Culver
At KentHOPE we are thankful for over 350 registered volunteers serving our homeless guests at the Women and Children’s Day Center. We couldn’t do it without you!
In order to keep track of the hours donated by so many people, we use a volunteer registration process that enhances communication, safety, record-keeping and streamlines future sign-ups. The online application and background check is a one-time process that provides us with your contact information and allows you to create your own username and password. You will use your username and password every time you sign up to serve. Please use this link to start this process after which you may sign up for a specific volunteer opportunity, such as serving a meal, driving our guests to the overnight shelter, or volunteering in guest relations. Your registration helps us keep track of who, when and where all volunteers are serving.
If you would like to know more before deciding to volunteer, please consider taking a Vision Tour on one of the below dates. Register early, as space is limited to 10.