Ways to Volunteer during a Pandemic
- Cook a meal at home for 20, drop it off at the Day Center for staff to serve. You may choose to provide breakfast, dinner, or 20 sack lunches. Call the Day Center to let them know when you will arrive and staff will meet you at the door. 253-480-2325.
- Put together a Home Starter Kit for a woman moving into her new home. Purchase household items to fill a laundry basket. Here is a suggested list of items to include.
- Invite your organization or friends to do a drive for items such as bedding sets for LINK program women, children’s bedding sets, cold breakfast items (instant oatmeal, cereal, granola bars), new underwear, backpacks, gently used coats or shoes. Call the Day Center staff to find out what is most needed today, 253-480-232, or email info@KentHOPE.org
- Provide items for children such as clothing, shoes, coats, school supplies, educational toys, books.
- Volunteer to drive guests to and from doctor, counseling, housing or job appointments.
- Bring a work party to Sonrise Apartments to deep clean units and set up kitchens.
- Set up a family space in the KentHOPE day center that will accommodate 4 women with their children for meals and seating, play area, TV and education center.
- Provide age appropriate welcome bags for kids.
- Provide kitchen supplies for the 2 kitchens that LINK guests will use. We will supply the list of needed items.
Reach our Volunteer Coordinators at info@KentHOPE.org
Volunteer Co-Coordinators – Gloria Peterson and Sheila Chandler
Meals Coordinator – Pam Culver
At KentHOPE we are thankful for over 350 registered volunteers serving our homeless guests at the Women and Children’s Day Center. We couldn’t do it without you!
In order to keep track of the hours donated by so many people, we use a volunteer registration process that enhances communication, safety, record-keeping and streamlines future sign-ups. The online application and background check is a one-time process that provides us with your contact information and allows you to create your own username and password. You will use your username and password every time you sign up to serve. Please use this link to CREATE AN ACCOUNT after which you may sign up for a specific volunteer opportunity, such as serving a meal, driving our guests to the overnight shelter, or volunteering in guest relations. Your registration helps us keep track of who, when and where all volunteers are serving.