KentHOPE is an Emergency Shelter for women and children. We host up to 48 women and their children each day and night, and meet their immediate needs. KentHOPE is the front line and first point of interaction for guests walking in off the streets, interested in resources, emergency shelter and/or housing. We demonstrate the love of Jesus in action. We offer many resources to members of the South King County community, including:
- Case management, referrals and resources for housing, employment and pathways to recovery
- Mentoring and companionship to promote relationship-building
- Three healthy meals/day, clothing, laundry, personal hygiene supplies, shower facilities.
- Computer access, mail service
- LINK program offers single women and women with children a safe, temporary home while they work with case managers for retraining and job searches.
- The Bridge program helps single women and women with children who need a bridge to recovery from addiction, homelessness, and other trauma.
We also work with partners in the community to find jobs and housing for our guests. In six and a half years of operation, we have assisted more than 650 women in finding stable, transitional or recovery housing, and more than 270 women have found jobs.
We are thankful for over 350 volunteers who have donated time, advocacy, skills, meals or in-kind donations to the Emergency Shelter and have been instrumental in its success. We depend on volunteers!
9009 Canyon Drive, Kent, WA 98030
Open 7 days a week, 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.