KentHOPE is an Day Center for women and children. It is an opportunity to come out of the cold and have a warm meal, receive clothing and hygiene items along with phone and computer access. KentHOPE is the front line and first point of interaction for guests walking in off the streets, interested in resources, emergency shelter and/or housing. We demonstrate the love of Jesus in action. We offer many resources to members of the South King County community, including:
- Case management, referrals and resources for housing, employment and pathways to recovery
- Mentoring and companionship to promote relationship-building
- Healthy meals, bagged sandwiches to go, clothing, laundry, personal hygiene supplies, shower facilities.
- Computer access, mail service
- Link program offers single women and women with children a safe, temporary home while they work with case managers for retraining and job searches.
We also work with partners in the community to find jobs and housing for our guests. In ten years of operation, we have assisted more than 760 women in finding stable, transitional or recovery housing, and more than 270 women have found jobs.
We are thankful for volunteers who have donated time, advocacy, skills, meals or in-kind donations to the Day Center and Link Program. They have been instrumental in its success. We depend on volunteers!